CEU enjoys the support of generous donors, including our alumni, who support talented students with scholarships and awards. Here you’ll find information about these opportunities and how to apply.
- Partial Tuition Award
- Presidential Scholar Award
- CEU Alumni Scholarship
- External financial support and scholarship opportunities
Partial Tuition Award
A small number of Partial Tuition Awards is available for outstanding applicants to the BA/BSc in Data Science and Society, BA in Culture, Politics and Society and BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics programs.
This is a merit-based award, which may fund up to 50% of the tuition fee (up to €3,500 per academic year).
Applicants who want to be considered for this award must apply by February 1, 2023.
To be considered, indicate your interest in this award in the CEU Application Form ('Funding' section).
Presidential Scholar Award
Two outstanding candidates will receive a Presidential Scholar Award with a total value of €5,000 each. The Presidential Scholars Fund was established by CEU President and Rector Michael Ignatieff and his wife Zsuzsanna Zsohar to support students who demonstrate exceptional academic credentials and leadership promise.
The Award covers part of the tuition fee throughout the four years of BA studies as follows:
- Year 1: €500
- Year 2: €1,000
- Year 3: €1,500
- Year 4: €2,000
All applications submitted by February 1, 2023 will be automatically considered for this award. There is no need to submit a separate application or indicate your interest in this award in the CEU Application Form ('Funding' section).
CEU Alumni Scholarship
Two bachelor’s degree student who demonstrate a commitment to community service and leadership and plan to demonstrate this throughout their studies at CEU will receive this scholarship for the first academic year.
The scholarship value is €3,000/academic year, paid in monthly installments of €300 during the first year of studies. The Alumni Scholarship can be used to supplement other financial aid provided by CEU. This scholarship is funded by many of CEU’s 18,000+ alumni in 147 countries around the world who want to help students benefit from the extraordinary experience of attending CEU. Recipients intern with the CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services, Student Life Office, and Alumni Relations teams and are also required to initiate an individual or group project benefiting the CEU community. Read more here about the Alumni Scholarship.
To qualify for the Alumni Scholarship, you should:
- Have submitted a complete application for a full-time CEU BA program
- Have a proven record of and/or an aspiration for community service, volunteering and leadership
- Demonstrate commitment and potential to continue engaging throughout all four years at CEU and beyond
The following students are ineligible for the Alumni Scholarship:
- CEU administered External Scholarships stipend recipients (Kaffeehaus Fellowship, CEU Scholarship for Refugees, Presidential Scholar Award)
- Continuing BA students
Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must apply by February 1, 2023.
To be considered, please do the following:
- Indicate your interest in this scholarship in the CEU Application Form ('Funding' section). Example:
- Upload a Word document to the 'Other Supporting Documents' section in the CEU Application Form that includes the following:
- Your full name (as stated on your application), country of nationality, CEU program(s) you're applying for
- Link to a 3-minute YouTube video* that answers the following questions:
- Tell us about your volunteer experience.
- In line with the CEU Alumni Volunteer Program, how do you intend to stay engaged with and support CEU after graduation?
* Make sure the video privacy settings are set to public or unlisted so that it can be viewed by members of the selection committee.
For more information, please visit the Alumni Scholarship website, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External financial support opportunities
You can find information about some of the opportunities from governments and other funders here. Please note that this list is by no means comprehensive. Be sure to check the eligibility requirements before applying.