By developing a wide range of transferable skills, students will receive an excellent foundation for several future career directions. Competence in analyzing, interpreting and communicating knowledge is in high demand on today's job market. These skills open many doors for CPS graduates, ranging from pursuing graduate studies to a wide variety of career options in the private, public and non-profit sectors.
This BA program will be available in a three-year and a four-year version. The former integrates into the European-wide Bologna system, while the latter is offered to benefit from the best of the American undergraduate education system. Students who complete the four-year degree will graduate with a dual Austrian and US-degree. The four-year BA can pave the way to pursuing a one-year MA for students who choose to specialize further.
1. Continue in Graduate School (either at CEU or other leading universities) in:
2. Possible careers in:
After graduation, a CPS graduate working at an NGO specializing in promoting renewable energy infrastructure--for example--would be equipped with the skills to:
- Independently master industry, scientific, and high-quality multi-media sources on new developments in renewable energy technology and policy
- Develop their own view of best practices for technological and government frameworks for promoting renewable energy
- Present their work to their organization and to the public through numerous presentation skills, including written reports, big data presentations, website development, and visual media campaigns
- Identify relevant experts and communicate with them
- Effectively and confidently orally communicate their work to colleagues, to government officials, and to the public at large
- Organize events for the public and relevant stakeholders
- Show leadership in teamwork settings.