What happens after you have been admitted?
After you find out you've been accepted to CEU, there are several further steps to complete.
- Acceptance offer
- Tuition deposit
- Residence permit and registration card
- Academic records and study agreement
- Payment and onboarding
- Arrival at CEU
1. Acceptance offer
Acceptance offers are published on the Applicant Portal (official name: study agreement, see attached template). Once you receive an offer, please make sure to read it carefully, as it stipulates terms and conditions, including program length, required fees, and required documents you need to submit (see point 6).
You then have the option to either accept or decline the offer ('Respond to offer').
Click on “Respond to offer”, select the appropriate response option and, in case you accept the offer, pay the tuition deposit AND print out the document, sign it and upload it onto the Document section of the Applicant Portal.
NOTE: The Acceptance Offer cannot be used for visa application purposes. The CEU Admissions Office issues a separate document to those students who require a study visa (see also point 3).
2. Tuition deposit
Every undergraduate candidate accepted to CEU is to pay a non-refundable tuition deposit of EUR 500 in order to confirm their acceptance of the study offer. Candidates can accept their offer and pay the deposit via the Applicant Portal.
Your place of study is only confirmed once the deposit payment has reached CEU. The tuition deposit is credited towards the first tuition fee installment in year 1 and is not refundable in case of withdrawal.
3. Residence permit and registration card
Accepted candidates who are citizens of EU/EEA member states may travel to Austria without a study visa. However, they need to obtain a registration card for the duration of the studies in Austria. For more information please visit the relevant section of the CEU Online Orientation.
Accepted candidates who are citizens of countries that are not part of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and who do not hold a permanent residency permit in the EU/EEA area need to apply for a residency permit or study visa. The CEU Admissions Office provides a "confirmation of acceptance for visa purposes" (and, if applicable, a payment confirmation) sent to the accepted candidates via the Applicant Portal and DHL (upon request). For further information read our detailed guidelines.
Non-EU citizens will receive further instructions regarding the insurance registration process from the Student Center (email@example.com).
EU citizens (except Austrian citizens) can only register for health insurance upon their arrival in September.
More information about the CEU health insurance plans can be found here.
It is strongly recommended for the first-year undergraduate students to be housed through CEU. You will be accommodated by our partner provider, ZOOM Entertainment.
All newly admitted candidates will receive further instructions regarding housing from the Student Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please find out more about housing here.
6. Academic records and study agreement
In order to enroll at CEU, accepted students must submit the following documents to the Admissions Office by July 31, 2023:
- an official English copy or translation of their high school diploma or certificate (accompanied by an official copy of the document in the original language if other than English)
- an official English copy or translation of their final transcript or their matriculation examination, e.g. Matura, Abitur, WAEC, CBSE, A-levels, etc. (accompanied by an official copy of the document in the original language if other than English)
- a signed hard copy of their study agreement (in addition to the soft copy)
Students who fail to comply with the requirement of submitting their academic records and a signed hard copy of study agreement will NOT be allowed to enroll.
- A signed hard copy of the study agreement must be mailed or submitted in person to the Admissions Office at Room A609, Quellenstrasse 51, 1100 Vienna, Austria.
- Academic records can be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com by the institution that has issued them. Copies sent by the students are not accepted.
- Those students that cannot have their academic records submitted electronically but have official hard copies of them can submit those hard copies. If they wish to retain the original copies, photocopies of the original copies will also be accepted if certified by a notary public or the institution itself. These documents (along with official English translations) must be mailed or submitted in person to the Admissions Office at Room A609, Quellenstrasse 51, 1100 Vienna, Austria.
- CEU does not return academic records of previous studies, nor does it provide copies thereof. If you intend to apply for further studies at other universities while at CEU, please make sure to bring with you sufficient copies of the above-mentioned documents for your further applications.
- An official copy bears the stamp and signature of a high school official of the institution that has issued the original, or alternatively of a notary public.
- An official translation bears the stamp and signature of a sworn translator or an authorized official of the institution that has issued the original. It should contain the stamp and signature on each page or over a folded and fastened corner of the document and include a statement of authenticity in English.
- An official English version of a transcript or a diploma (i.e. one issued by the very institution from which the student has graduated) does not need to be accompanied by its original language counterpart unless the English version is marked as a translation.
- Official transcripts that are issued in a sealed envelope must be turned in that way.
- IB students can request their transcripts to be sent to us through the IBO portal. The CEU IB code is: 039515
- The above does not apply to non-degree (visiting and exchange) students.
7. Payment and onboarding
8. Arrival at CEU
Please see here for much helpful information about arrival and enrollment.
NOTE: Every degree program of CEU is on-site and requires the student’s presence on campus during each academic term or teaching module. Any anticipated delay on the student’s part must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.