The CEU Applicant Portal
- shows a summary of your submitted application(s)
- will notify you if you need to upload additional documents
- is a tool where you can update your personal information if needed
- will display the outcome of your application once a final decision has been made
Note that if you’ve applied to more than one program, you’ll have separate subsections for each application for 'Referees', 'Documents', and 'Actions'.
Areas of the CEU Applicant Portal
- Personal details
- Referees and recommendation letters
- Actions you can take
- Visa/Residency Status Data Update
Here you can review your name, date of birth as well as your permanent or correspondence address details. You can update your correspondence address directly in the Applicant Portal. Other changes can only be made by the CEU Admissions Office. If you wish to change your name, date of birth, or permanent address, please email us. Please note that changes of the name and/or date of birth must be validated by the Admissions Office. Therefore, please send us a document certifying your name and/or date of birth (e.g. copy of passport, marriage certificate) along with the email request. Here you can review your name and date of birth, as well as your permanent and correspondence address details. You can update your correspondence address yourself, but if you wish to change your name, date of birth, or permanent address, please send us a request and include a document that certifies your name and/or date of birth (e.g. copy of passport, marriage certificate) if applicable.
This section summarizes an application, including the:
- program you’ve applied for
- entry year
- academic unit offering the program
- date of submission
This section will display the final decision about your application. If the decision displayed in your application is ‘Accepted’, the Portal will display your acceptance offer. Congratulations! Here you will be able to view and respond to the acceptance offer. Be sure to read your Acceptance Offer carefully. You may then choose to accept the offer or decline it by clicking on ‘Respond to Offer’. If you choose to decline the offer, please provide your reason for declining. If you do not wish to respond yet, click ‘Cancel’ to return to the ‘My Application’ page. If your application is rejected, the Applicant Portal will display this information. You’ll also receive a formal notification by email. Please note that CEU does not make known the reason(s) why an application is rejected. Your understanding is much appreciated. If your application has been waitlisted, you will also see this on the Applicant Portal. This means that you may be admitted if another accepted applicant chooses not to attend CEU. Candidates who require a study visa may remain on the waiting list until May 30. Candidates who are citizens or permanent residents of EU/EEA countries (and therefore do not require a study visa) may remain on the waiting list until the beginning of the academic year. Please note that we are unfortunately unable to provide information about your chances of acceptance or position on the waiting list. If a candidate does not advance from the waiting list until the given deadline (see above), the decision status changes to ‘waiting list status expired’ and they will receive an email confirming that the admissions cycle is closed.
Referees and recommendation letters
This section enables you to:
- track the status of your recommendation letter, i.e. check whether your referee has submitted it yet
- remove a referee if the person has not submitted the recommendation yet
- register a new referee or re-send the reference link to the same referee. Once you register a referee, they will have one week to submit a reference from the time you submit your application and pay the application fee
The status messages for references are the following:
- reference not started: the automated email with the link to the reference form has been sent to the referee
- reference in progress: the referee clicked the link but has not completed the reference yet
- reference submitted: the referee successfully uploaded the reference or completed the web reference form
This section will display any document you are requested to upload in addition or in lieu of the ones you uploaded with your application. Please check this section regularly for updates.
Actions you can take
Other features of the Applicant Portal include:
- 'Withdraw Application' button: click here to withdraw an application, and you will no longer be considered for that program. This does not affect other applications you might have submitted. If you want to withdraw several applications, you’ll need to withdraw them one by one.
- If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa/Residency Status Data Update
This section will only display on your Applicant Portal under a program you have been accepted for, and only if you are not a citizen/permanent resident of the EU/EEA. Its purpose is to help us track your visa and residence permit application status and provide guidance as appropriate. After indicating the embassy/consulate at which you plan to submit your application for a (visa and) residence permit, please be sure to update your status every time it has changed by selecting a status update of the following:
|Not started - No response||if you have been unable to start the application process because the embassy or consulate has not been responding to your inquiries;|
|Not started - Other||if you have not been able to start the process for any other reasons;
Appointment obtained if you have been able to make an appointment for an interview with the consulate staff;
|Appointment obtained||if you have been able to make an appointment for an interview with the consulate staff;|
|Application submitted||if you have been able to successfully file your application for a visa/residence permit;|
|Visa/Residence permit obtained||if you have been granted a study visa or residence permit.|