Once your application and the application fee are received, you are granted access to the Applicant Portal. You will then receive an automated message* informing you about portal access details. The Applicant Portal can be accessed with the same login and password used for the application(s).
*If you don't receive one, please contact us immediately.
The CEU Applicant Portal
- shows a summary of your submitted application(s)
- will notify you if you need to upload additional documents
- is a tool where you can update your personal information if needed
- will display the outcome of your application once a final decision has been made
Note that if you’ve applied to more than one program, you’ll have separate subsections for each application for 'Referees', 'Documents', and 'Actions'.
Areas of the CEU Applicant Portal
Here you can review your name and date of birth, as well as your permanent and correspondence address details. You can update your correspondence address yourself, but if you wish to change your name, date of birth, or permanent address, please send us a request and include a document that certifies your name and/or date of birth (e.g. copy of passport, marriage certificate) if applicable.
This section summarizes each of your applications, including the:
- program you’ve applied for
- entry year
- academic unit offering the program
- date of submission
This section will display the final decision about your application(s).
If the decision displayed in your application is ‘Accepted’, the Applicant Portal will display your acceptance offer. Congratulations! Here you will be able to view and respond to the acceptance offer. Be sure to read your Acceptance Offer carefully. You may then choose to accept the offer or decline it by clicking on ‘Respond to Offer’.
- If you accept the offer and pay the registration fee, your response will be displayed as “Firmly Accepted” on the Applicant Portal.
Underneath your response, you will see the status of your academic records to be sent in upon accepting an offer. Please see the descriptions below.
|Not checked||Your academic records have not been received or processed yet.|
|Parcel received||Your academic records have been received and await checking.|
|Passed checked||Your academic records have passed our check and been accepted.|
Your academic records are not acceptable for some reason.
- If you choose to decline the offer, please provide your reason for declining.
- If you do not wish to respond yet, click ‘Cancel’ to return to the ‘My Application’ page.
If your application is rejected, the Applicant Portal will display this information. You’ll also receive a formal notification by email. Please note that CEU does not make known the reason(s) why an application is rejected. Your understanding is much appreciated.
If your application has been waitlisted, you will also see this on the Applicant Portal. This means that you may be admitted if another accepted applicant chooses not to attend CEU.
- Candidates who require a study visa may remain on the waiting list until May 30.
- Candidates who are citizens or permanent residents of EU/EEA countries (and therefore do not require a study visa) may remain on the waiting list until the beginning of the academic year.
- If a candidate does not advance from the waiting list until the given deadline (see above), the decision status changes to ‘waiting list status expired’ and they will receive an email confirming that the admissions cycle is closed.
Please note that we are unfortunately unable to provide information about your chances of acceptance or position on the waiting list.
This section enables you to:
- track the status of your recommendation letter, i.e. check whether your referee has submitted it yet
- remove a referee if the person has not submitted the recommendation yet
- register a new referee or re-send the reference link to the same referee. Once you register a referee, they will have one week to submit a reference from the time you submit your application and pay the application fee
The status messages for references are the following:
- reference not started: the automated email with the link to the reference form has been sent to the referee
- reference in progress: the referee clicked the link but has not completed the reference yet
- reference submitted: the referee successfully uploaded the reference or completed the web reference form
This section will display any document you are requested to upload in addition or in lieu of the ones you uploaded with your application. Please check this section regularly for updates.
Other features of the Applicant Portal include:
- 'Withdraw Application' button: click here to withdraw an application, and you will no longer be considered for that program. This does not affect other applications you might have submitted. If you want to withdraw several applications, you’ll need to withdraw them one by one.
- If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us at email@example.com
This section will only display on your Applicant Portal under a program you have been accepted for, and only if you are not a citizen/permanent resident of the EU/EEA. Its purpose is to help us track your visa and residence permit application status and provide guidance as appropriate. After indicating the embassy/consulate at which you plan to submit your application for a (visa and) residence permit, please be sure to update your status every time it has changed by selecting a status update of the following:
|Not started - No response||if you have been unable to start the application process because the embassy or consulate has not been responding to your inquiries;|
|Not started - Other||if you have not been able to start the process for any other reasons;
Appointment obtained if you have been able to make an appointment for an interview with the consulate staff;
|Appointment obtained||if you have been able to make an appointment for an interview with the consulate staff;|
|Application submitted||if you have been able to successfully file your application for a visa/residence permit;|
|Visa/Residence permit obtained||if you have been granted a study visa or residence permit.|